Adopting from us will be a very rewarding experience!
Ever think about fostering an animal? Well, now is the time! We need you!!
Foster A Dog/Cat with Home Sweet Home Animal Rescue
HSH Rescue is always in need of new foster homes! You can make a difference by fostering. The number of dogs/cats we can save is dependent on having a place for them to stay until we can find them a loving forever home.
Fostering is the first step in giving an animal a second chance. For many animals, the process of being kept in an unfamiliar shelter and then going to an unfamiliar home is very traumatic. While in a foster home, these animals have a chance to feel safe, secure, and loved which will help prepare them for their new forever family.
What is involved in being a foster family?
- Providing temporary shelter and care for the animal. This typically ranges from a few weeks to a few months, but can be longer.
- Providing food and water. Right now we can only provide the first bag of food. As we become more established, we are hoping to provide all food as needed.
- Work on basic commands and housetraining if needed. Work on any issues that arise like shyness, leash training, jumping etc…. This will help the animal become a well rounded, happy, pet.
- Preparing a short write up of your foster animal with a few photos. This will be posted on our website to help give the potential adopters an honest description of the dog/cat.
- Bringing your foster dog to adoption events is not manditory but very appreciated. If you cannot make it, we will have someone pick up the animal for the event and return him/her to you after. .
We supply a crate(if needed), leash, collar, flea medication(seasonal), all necessary vet care, 1st bag of food and litter(cat), and any other supplies that may be deemed necessary for your specific foster animal.
HSH Rescue is very supportive of our foster families! We try to find the right dog that will thrive in your home and provide a team of people who will help make fostering an easy and rewarding experience for you and your family.